BOBLERSOFT COMPUTER SERVICES

Unit B - N. Bacalso Avenue cor. B. Aranas Ext., Cebu City (in front of Salazar Institute of Technology)

HomeGalleryCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

How often do you get 3G speeds this great?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boblersoft
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: How often do you get 3G speeds this great?   Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:58 am

One of the ways I do to really measure the peak speeds of my 3G connection is run multiple downloads all at the same time, maximize network connection and monitor the cumulative download speeds.The results are always mixed ó from good to decent to slow. But sometimes, you bump into connections like this and you can hardly believe itís true.

Yes, thatís a 2.3Mbps consistent/sustained download speed. I was downloading 4 files ó one was getting 110KB/s, 2 more getting ~40KB/s and the last one getting just ~10KB/s.

From various tests Iíve made, Iíd say the answer is all about location 99% of the time. Iíd often compare the behavior of the signal strength to that of the AM radio.

Thereís one trick I do that usually helps in speeding up the connection. In the dialer, go to Settings -> Network Settings and select W850M in the Band Settings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

How often do you get 3G speeds this great?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1