BOBLERSOFT COMPUTER SERVICES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BOBLERSOFT COMPUTER SERVICES

Unit B - N. Bacalso Avenue cor. B. Aranas Ext., Cebu City (in front of Salazar Institute of Technology)

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recap: iPhone 4 Corporate Launch

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boblersoft
Administrator
Administrator
boblersoft

Male
Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Recap: iPhone 4 Corporate Launch Empty
PostSubject: Recap: iPhone 4 Corporate Launch   Recap: iPhone 4 Corporate Launch Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:00 am

Globe Telecom officially launched the Apple iPhone 4 yesterday to their Corporate subscribers. That’s 2 days earlier than the announced public launching of the hottest phone in town.

Pre-orders started last Saturday via a special link sent by Globe through email. I pre-ordered mine around morning of Saturday. Got an email stating that I’ll be getting a call or email to confirm my reservation. After 4 days of waiting and praying, I got a call from one of their representative saying that I can claim the phone on Friday. FRIDAY! September 24!I was a bit shocked when I heard I can get mine 2 days before the public can get one (excluding those who bought it from the grey market a.k.a. GH).

Recap: iPhone 4 Corporate Launch Globe-iphone-4

Fast-forward to yesterday, I was at Globe’s Corporate office in Valero, Makati at 8:45AM. I had to go early because I have work that day. The mood was nice and pretty festive and everyone looked happy. We can’t blame those who went there early, they’re getting the sweetest gadget of the year. I was pretty giddy myself, I didn’t get to sleep that much the night before.

I went to the registration line and I was given a number. At the waiting area, we were served iced teas, roast beef sandwiches and ham & cheese paninis. I waited for 20-30 minutes before my number got called and I was ushered to the first desk.

After checking all my forms, I was given again another number to the releasing line. This is where the service dropped big time! People waited for at least an hour or two. Some people were already shouting because of how slow their process was. I was feeling a bit annoyed that time.By 11:00am, the entire area was filled with hundreds of people, all standing. Others were already making rude comments. One guy even went to the desk and claimed that 3 others were able to get their iPhones even if they had a later number. The only thing that Globe did right was they filled the entire room with drinks and food to appease the people.

Recap: iPhone 4 Corporate Launch Iphone4box

Anyways, when I got the phone, we went to the activation area. There, I spent only 5 minutes to activate the phone. They gave me a Php1,000 Power Mac Gift Certificate. I reserved two black prepaid 16GB iPhone 4 so I got 2GCs as well. Each 16GB iPhone retails for Php37,500.

Last step of the grueling process was transferring my old iPhone line sim card to a new micro-sim. I gave my sim to the girl and they entered my number to the system and voila! My number is now transferred to the micro-sim (t’was pretty fast).

Recap: iPhone 4 Corporate Launch Iphone4manila

We were just waiting for the signal to appear. Upon seeing the 3G signal on my new iPhone 4, I started to smile. All my frustration from the waiting and standing in line for hours simply fade away. I went home a happy iPhone 4 user.

Posted by: YugaTech
Back to top Go down

Recap: iPhone 4 Corporate Launch
Page 1 of 1