BOBLERSOFT COMPUTER SERVICES

Unit B - N. Bacalso Avenue cor. B. Aranas Ext., Cebu City (in front of Salazar Institute of Technology)

HomeGalleryCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Asus CineVibe Gaming Headset

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
boblersoft
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Asus CineVibe Gaming Headset   Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Asus sent us this regular-looking CineVibe headphones and Iíve been using it for a week now while playing Starcraft 2. Nothing too fancy ó just your regular headset, although this one hooks up via the USB port and not the 3.5mm headphone port.

Installation was quick and easy you can say itís practically plug-and-play. The USB connection means you can only use this with a PC and not your usual MP3 player.

The headphones is pretty neatly built, with the combination of the black with red accents made it look a bit stylish. It also comes with a microphone which can be used for chatting with team-mates while playing a game. Itís got a fairly small form-factor with the leather-covered soft pads just covering enough of the ear but not entirely (sits on top of the ears, not around it).

At first, I didnít notice anything spectacular ó good audio quality and very decent volume range. The in-line control is attached on the thick cord midway and contains adjustment for volume, microphone mute and a slider to activate the Rumble Feedback.

Once turned on, the bass becomes more prominent and ambient sound effects are much more noticeable (again, I was playing Starcraft 2 while using this headset so you can just imagine the type of cinematic soundtracks used here). It definitely adds more umph to the whole gaming experience. Thereís really a huge difference between the rumble feedback turned on and off though sometimes it seems a bit noisy.

Iím not big on headsets so I cannot say that I like using one of these while playing games. Itís a decent pair of headsets but itís something I donít think Iíd pick off the store shelves. Besides, the retail price of around Php2,800 seems a bit too step for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Asus CineVibe Gaming Headset
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1