BOBLERSOFT COMPUTER SERVICES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BOBLERSOFT COMPUTER SERVICES

Unit B - N. Bacalso Avenue cor. B. Aranas Ext., Cebu City (in front of Salazar Institute of Technology)

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Asus NX90 with Bang & Olufsen rocks!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boblersoft
Administrator
Administrator
boblersoft

Male
Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Asus NX90 with Bang & Olufsen rocks! Empty
PostSubject: Asus NX90 with Bang & Olufsen rocks!   Asus NX90 with Bang & Olufsen rocks! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:45 pm

When I first heard of the Asus partnership with Bang & Olufsen for the NX90 last month, I thought it was just a design collaboration. Seeing the Asus NX90 up close and personal isn’t enough; one has to listen to it to realize how much it rocks.

Asus NX90 with Bang & Olufsen rocks! Asus-nx90

The NX90 comes in a polished aluminum body and coated to make it fingerprint-resistant. The unit is pretty large (or wide for that matter), having an 18.4″ display screen.

Asus NX90 with Bang & Olufsen rocks! Asusnx90

The sides of the display screen is coupled with a pair of big speakers that extend beyond the body of the unit. I like to refer to them as a large pair of elongated ears. For perspective, I placed my Apple iPad on top of the unit and it only covered barely a third of it.

Asus NX90 with Bang & Olufsen rocks! Nx90

The specs are very impressive as well — sporting a quad core processor, an NVidia GeForce GT 335M and a pair of 640GB HDD giving it a total of 1.28 terabytes of storage.

Asus NX90 with Bang & Olufsen rocks! Bang-olufssen-asus

Asus NX90 specs
18.4″ display @ Full HD 1080p (1920×1080 pixels)
Intel Core i7 740QM (6M cache, 1.73 GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads)
Turbo Boost to 2.93 GHz
nVidia GeForce GT 335M 1GB DDR3
6GB DDR3 RAM
2 x 6400GB HDD (1.28TB)
Bluray/DVD+RW combo
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
6-cell battery

The full-sized keyboard also features two trackpads — one on both sides (not the bottom of the keyboard where it is usually placed). Asus explains they were also thinking about the lefties when they did the layout. I think they were more concerned about design symmetry.

Asus NX90 with Bang & Olufsen rocks! Asus-nx90-keyboard

What really separates the NX90 with other luxury-line of laptops is the Bang & Ulofsen speakers. I’m not pretty good with speakers or audio equipments but the pair of speakers on this one rocks. The sound is crisp and clear and the clarity of the sound even at high volume is impressive (no detectable distortions whatsoever).

Feels like you have a separate set of subwoofer+speakers with it. Great for watching movies or music playback.

Asus NX90 with Bang & Olufsen rocks! Nx90-asus

Asus made the NX90 as a luxury appliance meant to be a center-piece of the living room. Partnering with a trusted brand like Bang & Ulofsen was a move to get the message across. That effort doesn’t come cheap — each of these costs Php129,995 (and you have to pre-order them so don’t expect to see units on display in stores).

Posted by: YugaTech
Back to top Go down

Asus NX90 with Bang & Olufsen rocks!
Page 1 of 1