BOBLERSOFT COMPUTER SERVICES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BOBLERSOFT COMPUTER SERVICES

Unit B - N. Bacalso Avenue cor. B. Aranas Ext., Cebu City (in front of Salazar Institute of Technology)

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toshiba Satellite E200 Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boblersoft
Administrator
Administrator
boblersoft

Male
Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Toshiba Satellite E200 Review Empty
PostSubject: Toshiba Satellite E200 Review   Toshiba Satellite E200 Review Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Toshiba’s new line of laptopsinclude this Special Edition SatelliteE200 running an Intel Core i5 processor and comes complete withall the bells and whistles. Check out our full review below.
The Satellite E200 is supposed to be under thecategory of thin-and-light notebooks and though I agree with the thin part, Idon’t think the 2.24kg weight is something we can call light.
Toshiba Satellite E200 Review Toshiba-e2001
The laptop has a glossy finish allover, from the lid cover to the body and the palm rests with some patternunderneath. The body is a bit thick at the base and tapers off towards thefront giving it somewhat of a clam-shell look.
The full-sized keyboard featureslarge island-type keys and is a bit flushed to the left leaving a small area onthe right side for a touch panel to control volume and LCD brightness. Thekeyboard is also back-lit and automatically activates when typing on the keys.
Toshiba Satellite E200 Review Toshiba-keyboard
Its got a wide enough trackpad witha textured surface to separate it from the palm rest. The click buttons arepositioned at the front edge and also tapers off which makes it a little harderto use at times.
The numerous ports are pepperedaround the sides but barely fits due to the thin design — an HDMI port, eSATA,USB ports and multi-card reader.
Toshiba Satellite E200 Review Toshiba-satellite-e2001
The 14-inch transflective display isbright and crisp with a resolution of 1366×768 pixels. The glare andfingerprint smudges that’s attracted by the screen is very common to glossydisplays; that and the entire surface of the laptop too.
The specs on this rig is aboveaverage to great, depending on where you are coming from — starting off withthe trio of the CPU + GPU + RAM. See complete specifications below.
Toshiba Satellite E200
specs:
Intel Core i5 520M @ 2.4GHz (2 cores, 4 threads)
4GB Dual-Channel DDR3 RAM
NVidia GeForce 310M 512MB RAM
500GB SATA HDD
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth 2.1
HDMI port
eSATA port
2 x USB 2.0 ports
DVD+RW
5-in-1 card reader
6-cell Li-Ion battery
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Toshiba Satellite E200 Review Speccy-toshiba
The thin design might have also promptedToshiba to use a slot-loading optical drive to fit the body.
Performance is impressive with theCore i5 520M getting a sub-score of 6.7 on Windows Experience Index. The systemgot an over-all base score of 5.0 taken from the graphics card.
Toshiba Satellite E200 Review Wei-toshiba
Results of PassMark benchmarks areas follows:
PassMark Performance Test
:
CPU Mark: 2751.9
2D Graphics Mark: 271.0
3D Graphics Mark: 285.0
Memory Mark: 1024.2
Disk Mark: 396.8
PassMark Rating: 938.5

Been using the unit to play Starcraft 2 and I’m doingjust fine with medium to medium-high settings. As for battery life, I am ableto pull off close to about 4 hours on this unit running on Eco Mode but regularuse can easily drop that to just over 2 hours. BatteryBar gives it a 3 andthree-quarters of an hour rating.
Toshiba Satellite E200 Review Battery-toshiba
The Toshiba Satellite E200 SpecialEdition comes in a nice, attractive design, good built and pretty decent specs.It’s not something you’d like to carry around because of the weight but it willpass as a good workhorse machine. I’m just not sure if a lot of people will bewilling to shell out the funds once they discover the price tag that comesalong with it.
Toshiba Satellite E200 Review Toshiba-satelliteEstimated retail price in stores is about Php75,000. A bit wayabove the usual price of other brands in this configuration but Toshiba’sadditional touch in the design and built of the unit might convince a few folksto pick this one over the others.
Back to top Go down

Toshiba Satellite E200 Review
Page 1 of 1