BOBLERSOFT COMPUTER SERVICES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BOBLERSOFT COMPUTER SERVICES

Unit B - N. Bacalso Avenue cor. B. Aranas Ext., Cebu City (in front of Salazar Institute of Technology)

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archos 70 unboxed, in the flesh!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
boblersoft
Administrator
Administrator
boblersoft

Male
Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Archos 70 unboxed, in the flesh! Empty
PostSubject: Archos 70 unboxed, in the flesh!   Archos 70 unboxed, in the flesh! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:29 am

So we got the most popular variant of the Archos Android tablets this year, the Archos 70. There’s a limited number of units available locally and release has been delayed twice but the local Archos distributor was able to get us a review unit.

Archos 70 unboxed, in the flesh! Archos-70-internet-tablet

Having tried the bigger Archos 101, I must admit that the Archos 70 looks sleeker, thinner (much thinner than the Galaxy Tab or the Cherry Mobile Superion) and lighter. I think it’s just the right size for an internet tablet.

Archos 70 unboxed, in the flesh! Archos70

Archos A70 Internet Tablet
7″ display @ 800×480 pixel capacitive screen
1GHz ARM Cortex A8 CPU
720p HD video playback
VGA camera
HDMI, USB ports
8GB Flash or 250GB HDD model
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth 2.1

Archos 70 250GB price: Php16,990
Archos 70 8GB price: Php15,490

Archos 70 unboxed, in the flesh! Archos-70-150x150 Archos 70 unboxed, in the flesh! Archos70-android-150x150 Archos 70 unboxed, in the flesh! Archos-70-tablet-150x150

There’s been a huge demand for these tablets that delays in shipments are due to lack of supply. I am told that Europe got the first shipments and that units there are still in short supply. Units were initially slated to arrive in the Philippines back in November but was pushed back to December.

Archos 70 unboxed, in the flesh! Archos-70-android

The only available units ready for this month would be the 8GB Archos 70 while the 250GB variant will be available by January. The retail price of Php15,490 still applies.

Archos 70 unboxed, in the flesh! Archos-70-android-tablet

The device still runs on Android 2.1 Eclair but should be ready for upgrade to Froyo now (just checked firmware update to 2.0.54 is up). Although update is available via OTA, Archos recommends downloading the full update to a PC and then transfer via USB before upgrading. Will post my full review of the Archos 70 soon.
Back to top Go down
bravo2six
Freshmen
Freshmen

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-27

Archos 70 unboxed, in the flesh! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archos 70 unboxed, in the flesh!   Archos 70 unboxed, in the flesh! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:03 am

Are you selling this? I've been looking for one.
Back to top Go down

Archos 70 unboxed, in the flesh!
Page 1 of 1