BOBLERSOFT COMPUTER SERVICES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BOBLERSOFT COMPUTER SERVICES

Unit B - N. Bacalso Avenue cor. B. Aranas Ext., Cebu City (in front of Salazar Institute of Technology)

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Canon Powershot S95 first impressions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boblersoft
Administrator
Administrator
boblersoft

Male
Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2007-05-23

Canon Powershot S95 first impressions Empty
PostSubject: Canon Powershot S95 first impressions   Canon Powershot S95 first impressions Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 3:38 am

Launched in the Philippines just last month, the Canon Powershot S95 came in with a suggested retail price of Php27,950. So when I saw it selling at SGD$640 (~Php21k) in Singapore last week, I grabbed the chance to make it my new point-and-shoot camera.

Canon Powershot S95 first impressions Powershot-s95

The Powershot S95 is one of the very few Canon point-and-shoot cameras that can do manual settings, shoot 720p HD videos and to top it off, has a nice and large f/2.0 opening (aperture).

Canon Powershot S95 first impressions Canon-powershot-s95

Some of the key features of the Canon S95 include:

• 10-megapixel CCD sensor
  • HS System
  • 28-105mm F2.0-4.9
  • 28mm wide, 3.8x zoom, Hybrid IS
  • lens control ring, full manual & RAW shots
  • 3-inch PureColor II G LCD
  • 720p HD movies, HDMI
  • High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode
  • Multi-Aspect Shooting
The compact size and the body is reminiscent of the old Ixus line but this one has a much more solid and metallic body. The serrated ring at the base of the lens is where you control the aperture settings.

Canon Powershot S95 first impressions Canon-s95

I’ve only used it a couple of times and while most of the outdoor shots are during cloudy days, the image quality is impressive as well as the HD videos. See sample clip on YouTube below:

Still have to test the camera extensively on various settings and outdoor conditions but so far, I’m really liking this camera a lot already. The bokeh at f/2.0 looks smooth and has a nice depth.

Here’s a sample photo under artificial lighting and you can see the full images on the Picasa gallery here.

Canon Powershot S95 first impressions Canon-s95-sample-photo

Actually, after several haggling and getting some other stuff from the same store, I was able to bring the price down to SGD$550 or Php18k. Full review coming soon.
Back to top Go down

Canon Powershot S95 first impressions
Page 1 of 1